Sunday 28 October 2012

First Quilts - DQ Bhavani

(Guest post by DQ Bhavani, the 4th in our series of 'First Quilts')

Hello DQs

Here is my first quilt. I started thinking about it a couple of months ago, then I joined DQ, which was inspiring enough to get me started.


I am thrilled about completing this baby quilt. It measures 60x 42 inches and is made up of my 14 month old daughter's first year clothes. Both my twins lived their first year in bodysuits and sleepsuits. So all their clothes are made of hosiery material, which is not the ideal quilting fabric, I understand. But for me it was about preserving their beautiful clothes so that some day they will look at the pieces and ask me about each dress they wore. Cant wait :).




I loved the experience of quilting, I know I will be doing a lot more of this craft in the coming years. I also know I will not be working with this fabric ever again, it was a nightmare and the end result is stretchy and not so neat.

-Bhavani

1 comment:

  1. Wow! That's really lovely. And your kids will love it!

    ReplyDelete